Questions for Robin Baker
1. In your Book ‘Designing the Future: The Computer Transformation of Reality’ You say that the electronic image, will give us it a new form of expression I know this was written a while ago but do you find it more relevant today as technology has surpassed our expectations?
2. You also say “hyper publishing produces 'personal' magazines or books, created by electronic 'agents' responding to individual needs”. Do you think that that technology has been used the most affectively and has been able to reach a wider audience when magazines and other printed publications are for the select few?
3. Why do you think we now have such an array of Blogs, social websites, online news, Webzines, personal commentary websites and do you think this is now better then picking up a, for example a newspaper or magazine which would have a longer ‘shelf life’
4. ‘The i’ is a new newspaper from the Independent group, it is the size of a tabloid, the same price of a tabloid but has the intellectually capacity of a broadsheet. Do you think this is outdated for today’s climate or, in your mind, think that they are a breath of fresh air to a declining industry and changing the way we look at news and current affairs within the printed press?
5. Do you feel that one day a digital library will be in place of a conventional paperback library?
6. Do you think one day books will be replaced by Kindles?
7. I personally have a large collection of Fashion magazines. I love having them to pick up and read but also I love the advertising within them. Do you feel that this is the main issue to declining sales that it is all about the advertisements, or the quality of the content?
8. What would you say is your favorite online publication (if any) and why?
9. What would you say is your favorite printed publication (if any) and why?
10. The I phone generation is what we are know as now, do you think it is a good thing that we have this instant accessibility to obtain information or would it be better and more human to sit and read and take time with what we are taking in?
11. You’re an advocate of a ‘paperless future’, with regards to this interview could you explain more on this issue?